Initial Eligibility Requirements
In order to enroll in on-campus, at-high school or online dual enrollment courses, students must meet the following Initial eligibility requirements:
- Be a student enrolled in a partner Florida public, charter or private school or home school course of study that fulfills requirements for high school graduation
- Have a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA
- Meet minimum score on a common placement test adopted by the Florida Board of Governor Postsecondary College-Level Preparatory Testing standard scores which indicate that the student is ready for college-level work. The common placement test cutoff scores can be found on the Florida Department of Education Demonstration of College Readiness. Note: Only Alternative Method accepted by FIU is PSAT/NMSQT (PSAT 10)
- Home education student must provide proof of enrollment in home education program and be registered with M-DCPS, or Broward County Home School Office
- Meet any additional criteria set by FIU as the post-secondary institution
Early Admission Requirements
Students interested in the Full-Time/Dual Enrollment Early Admission program must meet the following requirements:
- Be a rising senior in a partner Florida public, charter or private school or home school course of study that fulfills requirements for high school graduation
- Have a minimum 3.5 unweighted high school GPA
- Have approval from a high school Counselor and Principal or Home School Liaison
- Have a minimum SAT score of 1200 (combined Verbal, Math, and Writing) or a minimum ACT composite score of 25
- Home education student must provide proof of enrollment in home education program and be registered with M-DCPS, or Broward County Home School Office.
- Meet any additional criteria set by FIU as the post-secondary institution.
Continued Eligibility Requirements
Continued eligibility to participate in the program requires that students:
- maintain a 3.0 unweighted high school GPA (as applicable)
- maintain the minimum postsecondary 3.0 cumulative FIU GPA
- earn a grade of C* or better in all dual enrollment courses
These requirements extend to on-campus and at-high school programs. Continued eligibility will be validated by the FIU Dual Enrollment Office.
*A student who earns a grade lower than a "C" in a dual enrollment course is not able to continue participating in the program.
Additionally, students must meet required testing standards for pre-requisite courses. (i.e. ALEKS Math Placement Assessment)
Future admission to FIU as a degree-seeking student is selective and is not guaranteed via participation in the Dual Enrollment Program. Prospective students must apply to FIU and meet all FIU admissions requirements.
Compliance with Policies and Regulations: Students must adhere to all FIU, the Florida International University Board of Trustees, and the Florida Board of Governors policies, rules and regulations.
Follow Steps to get started.