After you have determined your eligibility, you may complete the dual enrollment online application:
Spring 2017 Application Deadline
- January 9, 2017 – First day to complete the Dual Enrollment Online Application Page.
- January 23, 2016 – Last day to complete the Dual Enrollment Online Application Page.
Fall 2017 Grade Submission
- January 17, 2017 – First day for high school grade submission.
- January 24, 2016 – Last day for high school grade submission.
Requirements for Dual Enrollment @ Highschool
FIU agrees to permit you to dual enroll in regularly offered FIU courses at your high school. This opportunity is open to you as a high school student enrolled in a public or non-public high school within Miami-Dade County. These dual enrollment courses will meet your high school diploma requirements in addition to meeting college credit requirements. It is important that you have been certified by your principal as qualified for this program, meeting the requirements listed below.
Your eligibility to participate in dual enrollment is governed by Florida Statutes, which determines which courses are available to you during your Junior and Senior years, and which courses are available starting during your Sophomore year. Florida Statutes §229.551(1)(f)6
If you plan on participating in Dual Enrollment @ High School, you must meet the following entrance eligibility requirements:
- Be a student in a Florida public or nonpublic secondary school, or in a home education program that will fulfill requirements for high school graduation.
- Have a 3.0 un-weighted high school grade point average
- Satisfy any course prerequisites
- Meet any additional admissions criteria set by FIU
In order to continue in the program, you need to maintain a 3.0 unweighted GPA in your high school academic work and earn a 3.0 or better in college-level work, as confirmed by your high school guidance director and FIU’s Registrar’s Office.