The @ High School Dual Enrollment Program gives students the opportunity to take college-level courses while still earning their High School Diploma. We offer many options for classes depending on grade level and High School location. The program is conducted during the regular high school academic year and follows the same academic calendar. Courses are either taught by a High School Instructor who has been credentialed by FIU or by an FIU faculty member who has been assigned.
FIU agrees to permit you to dual enroll in regularly offered FIU courses at your high school. This opportunity is open to you as a student enrolled in a public or non-public high school within Miami-Dade and Broward Counties. In order for students to participate in the Dual Enrollment Program, you must meet the eligibility requirements and have the approval from your principal and guidance counselor.
Your eligibility to participate in dual enrollment is governed by Florida Statutes, which determines the courses that are available during your Sophomore, Junior and Senior year. Florida Statutes §229.551(1)(f)6
At the High School Entrance eligibility requirements:
- Be a student in a Florida public or non-public secondary school.
- Have a 3.0 un-weighted High School Grade Point Average
- Satisfy any course prerequisites
- Meet College ready cut off criteria which can be viewed at: http://www.fldoe.org/schools/higher-ed/fl-college-system/common-placement-testing.stml
- Students wanting to enroll for a math course (higher than College Algebra) must also take the ALEKS placement exam. To schedule the ALEKS exam please go to http://testing.fiu.edu, click on the Exams Offered tab, and the ALEKS tab. A Panther ID is required prior to registering for this exam
*Students must meet with their high school counselor to choose the DE courses they are planning on registering for.
In order to continue in the Dual Enrollment program, students must maintain a 3.0 un-weighted GPA in their high school academic work and earn a 3.0 or better in college-level work, as confirmed by their High School Guidance Director and FIU’s Registrar’s Office.
FIU Student Code of Conduct and Academic Grievance(s):
For more information, please contact us at:(305) 348-2800