Application and Enrollment Instructions
Meet with your high school counselor to choose the courses you would like to register for.
- Do a class search prior to choosing the courses you wish to register for. Steps for searching for classes can be found in the Forms Tab.
- Since registration for the courses is on a space-available basis, we recommend that you select alternate courses in the event your first two choices fill up. The list of University Core Courses (UCC) can be found in the UCC tab.
Student eligibility requirements for initial enrollment in college credit dual enrollment courses must include the following:
- A 3.0 unweighted high school grade point average or higher.
- New dual enrollment applicants and students that have been out for three (3) consecutive semesters need a college readiness score on a common placement test adopted by the State Board of Education which indicates the student is ready for college-level coursework.College ready cut off scores can be viewed at:http://www.fldoe.org/schools/higher-ed/fl-college-system/common-placement-testing.stml
- Students wanting to enroll for a math course (higher than College Algebra) must also take the ALEKS placement exam. To schedule the ALEKS exam please go to http://testing.fiu.edu, click on the Exams Offered tab, and the ALEKS tab. A Panther ID is required prior to registering for this exam.
- Please go to the “Forms” tab for online application and forms completion/submission instructions.
Instructional Materials for Public School Students:
- The student must obtain a book voucher from their high school guidance counselor. The instructional materials must be returned to each students corresponding high school at the end of the semester.
Home Education Students:
The Dual Enrollment Program for Home Education students consists of the enrollment of an eligible home education secondary student in a postsecondary course creditable toward an associate degree, a career certificate, or a baccalaureate degree.
- Letter from Miami-Dade County or Broward County Public Schools (Homeschool Office) showing proof of being enrollment in a home education program. This must be done every semester you wish to register for courses at FIU.
- Sign a Home Education Articulation Agreement. The agreement can be requested from the FIU Dual Enrollment office at MMC or BBC Campuses.
Instructional Materials for Home Education Students:
- Home Education students are not required to purchase their own instructional materials. Please contact the Dual Enrollment office at 305-348-2800 for additional information.
Private/Charter School Dual Enrollment Agreement:
- Private or Charter Schools must sign the dual enrollment agreement.
- For additional information regarding the agreement please contact the FIU Dual Enrollment office at 305-348-2800 or email Danay Barata at email@example.com.
Instructional Materials for Private/Charter School Students:
- Private Schools: The student is responsible for their instructional materials.
- Charter Schools: The student must obtain a book voucher from their high school guidance counselor. The instructional materials must be returned to each students corresponding high school at the end of the semester.
On-FIU Campus dual enrollment students are responsible for officially withdrawing from classes that they are no longer attending in accordance with FIU requirements. Students who do not officially withdraw from a class may receive a failing grade.
Please submit all the dual enrollment documents to either of the two FIU locations below (during open registration only).
Dual Enrollment Office
Modesto Maidique Campus MARC 251
11200 SW 8th Street,
Miami, Florida 33199
Dual Enrollment Office
Biscayne Bay Campus, ACI 180
3000 NE 151st Street,
North Miami, FL 33181
Below please find the FIU Student Handbook Link
Below please find the FIU Student Code of Conduct and Academic Grievance(s)