Application and Enrollment Instructions
Student eligibility requirements for initial enrollment in college credit dual enrollment courses must include these requirements:
- You need a 3.0 unweighted high school grade point average or higher.
- New dual enrollment applicants and students that have been out for three (3) consecutive semesters need a college readiness score on a common placement test adopted by the State Board of Education which indicates the student is ready for college-level coursework.
- College ready cut off scores can be viewed at:http://www.fldoe.org/schools/higher-ed/fl-college-system/common-placement-testing.stml
- If you want to take a math course, you must also take the ALEKS placement test located at http://www.aleks.com/fiu.
- Provide the class number of the math course on the On FIU Campus Part Time Dual Enrollment Program form. (Please contact the FIU Dual Enrollment Office at (305) 348-2800 for additional information).
- Instructional Materials for Miami Dade County Public Schools: The student must obtain a book voucher from their high school guidance counselor. The books must be returned to each students corresponding high school at the end of the semester.
Meet with your high school counselor to choose the courses you would like to register for.
- Do a class search prior to choosing the courses you wish to register for. Steps for searching for classes can be found in the Forms Tab.
- Since registration for the courses is on a space-available basis, we recommend that you select alternate courses in the event your first two choices fill up. The list of University Core Courses (UCC) can be found in the UCC tab.
Complete the following application and forms found in the Forms tab:
- On-FIU Campus Dual Enrollment Online Application
- Immunization Form
Home Education Students:
The dual enrollment program for home education students consists of the enrollment of an eligible home education secondary student in a postsecondary course creditable toward an associate degree, a career certificate, or a baccalaureate degree.
- Letter from Dade County or Broward County Public Schools (Homeschool Office) showing proof of being enrollment in a home education program. This must be done every semester you wish to register for courses at FIU.
- Sign a home education articulation agreement. The agreement can be requested from the FIU Dual Enrollment office at MMC or BBC Campuses.
Instructional Materials for Home Education Students:
- Home Education students are not required to purchase their own books. Please contact the Dual Enrollment office for additional information.
Private/Charter School Students:
- Private or Charter Schools must sign the dual enrollment agreement.
- For additional information regarding the agreement please contact the FIU Dual Enrollment office at 305-348-2800 or email Danay Barata at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Instructional Materials for Private/Charter School Students:
- Private Schools: The student is responsible for their books.
- Charter Schools: The student must obtain a book voucher from their high school guidance counselor. The books must be returned to each students corresponding high school at the end of the semester.
Please submit all the dual enrollment documents to either of the two FIU locations below (during open registration only).
Dual Enrollment Office
Modesto Maidique Campus MARC 251
11200 SW 8th Street,
Miami, Florida 33199
Dual Enrollment Office
Biscayne Bay Campus, ACI 180
3000 NE 151st Street,
North Miami, FL 33181